Assalamu Alaikum Brothers & Sisters, and Welcome to Sadaqah Jariyah!
- Ever wish you could help a community build its first Masjid, but not sure where to look? We'll show you where!
- Ever wish you could help your Muslim brothers & sisters with medical expenses and in times of financial difficulty, but want to ensure your donation is through a trusted source? We'll show you how!
- Ever wish you could receive a Janazah Notification immediately to your phone, maximizing your chances of attending the Janazah Prayer & Burial? Now you can!
The time has come for us to be organized in our efforts, and In Sha'a Allah this website will help do just that.
So again, welcome! And May Allah (SWT) accept our good deeds, and make the best of our deeds our last.
So How Does This Work?
First off, register with our website! During the registration process, you'll find several built-in features for Sadaqah Jariyah as well, such as:
- The ability to subscribe to the Janazah Notification List (via text message) for the metropolitan area(s) of your choosing
- The option to enlist in our Islamic "Disaster Relief" list - in times of crisis, those who desire to volunteer their services can be called upon to come together and help relieve the plight of those in dire needs.
After registering, you'll be able to peruse through our "Financial Needs" section. Financial Needs are categorized by the following:
- Type: Burial, Educational, Islamic Schools, Living Expenses, Masjids, Medical, etc.
- Location: Searchable by country, and in the USA, searchable by region as well as by state and/or metropolitan area
- Urgency: Emergency, Urgent, Upcoming, and On-going.
You can search for needs using one, two, or all three filters, as per your preference.
Once you find the need you'd like to donate to, simply follow the donation process, and upon submitting your donation, you'll receive a Tax Deductible Contribution receipt for your taxes as well!
What is the Janazah Notification List?
Ever get an email that's been forwarded ten times over, notifying of a Muslim's Janazah, only to find that by the time you've received the email AND had the opportunity to check your email, the Janazah & Burial have already taken place? Well, In Sha'a Allah this is now a thing of the past! Now, with our unique *nation-wide* Janazah Notification Service, you can select the metropolitan area(s) you would like to receive notifications for, and once one of our registered organizations (eg. Masjid) submits a Janazah Notification, you will automatically receive a text message to your phone with the name, date, location, and time of the Janazah prayer & burial for the deceased, as well as a contact name & number should you require further info (or you can simply log onto our website to view the complete details)!
In the unfortunate situation that the deceased has an outstanding debt, the text message will also notify you that there is an emergency financial burial need as well. This is important, as all outstanding debts should be paid in full prior to the deceased being buried. Sometimes, the debt is incurred simply from the cost of the burial itself! So we try to have this *emergency* financial need taken care of IMMEDIATELY.
***The Janazah Notification List is used 100% completely and solely for Janazah Notifications ONLY. This list and/or information will *never* be shared, sold, or used for any other purposes without your expressed consent. So rest assured, we will protect this Amanah!***
That's about it. As the website grows and progresses, we will add additional opportunities to contribute to other forms of Sadaqah Jariyah that will In Sha'a Allah strengthen & benefit our Muslim Ummah!
~ Sadaqah Jariyah Team